How can you have one without the other? I’m still surprised when I come across a website that looks like there is no stylesheet attached. Finding and understanding CSS made the look and feel aspect of design and development so much easier. The fact that you can always write in-line if you are in a pinch (like I had to when I developed a HTML newsletter in iContact) keeps everything looking modern.
This was the messiest week ever.
This week was pretty hectic but so rewarding. I started a new job and feel that I did a pretty good job learning what my responsibilities will be. Don’t get me wrong, there is still a lot to learn but it was a good start.
On top of that, I was finally introduced to a “NY” Pizza place that was the closest thing that I’ve had in the 7 years since we moved here to what I would find back home. Of course I left my phone on my desk so I didn’t get a picture but I will be going back again soon!
Weekly Review …
- Biggest LessonI’ve finally come to the realization that I feel better when I’m not eating meat all the time. I’ve started trying to eat as much Whole and Raw food as possible.
- Quote of the Week“Whatever good things we build end up building us.”
– Jim Rohn
- What I’m ReadingYou are a Badass
- Tech NewsA Swedish tech company offers chip implants to their employees to access office functions such as purchasing food, using the printer and unlocking doors.
- Creative ThoughtsTalked to three different people this week who I can help set up WordPress Sites
I love when this is my schedule. It doesn’t happen very often (worse luck) but any day where I can find my flow and code/design all day I’m a happy girl. You can tell it’s one of my favorite things to do because the hours fly away and leave me wanting to just sit there and create for another 15 hours but the brain needs a break and I’ve found that the best way to stay inspired is to stop at a point where you want to keep going. That way when you pick it up again you are still amped to be working on your project.
This was the best week ever.
Can’t complain about this week. It’s been one of learning and growing so that’s always good in my book. I know that even in the worst of times other people don’t determine my self worth. I’m so much more than a few sheets of paper (even if it’s a beautiful design).
Weekly Review …
- Biggest LessonThe journey is more important than the destination and being happy where you are is one of the most important lessons you can learn in life.
- Quote of the Week“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.”
-H Jackson Brown Jr
- What I’m ReadingEat, Pray, Love
- Tech NewsGlad to report that Travis from DevTips has posted another video since his his hiatus at the end of 2016.
- Creative ThoughtsThis week has all been focused on the redesign of my resume and my blog post templates.